Vegan chocolate can go a long way to ensuring that one’s diet is healthy as part of leading a healthy lifestyle. Vegan chocolate is made out of dairy and animal products free, hence suitable for vegans and dieters. However, it is good to know that there is more than just vegan chocolate for the diet-restricted. Additionally, it serves as a good alternative to people, who want to take a healthy nutritious snack with sweet flavor. The antioxidants in vegan chocolate are believed to reduce the risk of disease. The second reason is that it comes with magnesium, fiber, and iron as well.
Improved Heart Health
The consumption of Health Benefits of Vegan Chocolate is good for the heart. For example, there is a very high percentage of flavonoids in dark chocolate that have a lot of cocoa. This is a group of plant substances in the body with antioxidative characteristic that reduces inflammation and improves the blood system. For instance, research has shown that dark chocolate is beneficial to the heart as it reduces blood pressure, lowers LDL and helps in combating heart diseases. One day small dose of dark chocolate can be beneficial for your heart according to the journal of nutrition, a study. Dark vegan chocolate with low addition sugar level is recommended for the support for the heart health. Attempt to identify brands using natural cacao, while steering clear of the products that contain hydrogenated oil and artificial ingredients. Farmers should receive a fair price for their cocoa. Taking a vegan bar of chocolate can also be considered as a treat to promote a healthy heart.
Better Skin – Health Benefits of Vegan Chocolate
Healthy skin is an essential aspect of healthy living. Fortunately, swallowing the vegan chocolate might be beneficial for the skin. Here’s why:
- Anti-aging properties: The vegetarian chocolate has an abundance of polyphenols and flavonoids, which effectively neutralize the free radicals and oxidative stress in the body. Such include the delay of aging process such as wrinkling and formation of lines.
- Hydration and nourishment: Vegan chocolates can be made with some natural things that include cocoa butter- which is a kind of high fatty acid. The fatty acids help keep the skin moist hence is soft and fresh.
- Improved blood flow: Research indicates that flavonoids in vegan chocolate improve blood flow to the skin. There will be an increase in blood circulation leading to proper supply of nutrients and oxygen necessary for the cells from their point of origin to the target points making the skin look healthy.
- Mood booster: Though stress can be detrimental to the skin, vegan chocolate raises mood and decreases stress. Your skin can be positively affected when you are less stressed and in good mood. Choose dark vegan chocolate with a high content of cocoa for optimal skin benefits. However, moderation is essential as too much may cause weight gain or even other health issues.
Weight Loss – Health Benefits of Vegan Chocolate
Health Benefits of Vegan Chocolate is a guiltless candy that will assist in your weight loss. For example, the health benefits of dark chocolate are suspected to include losing weight. Here’s how:
- Satiety: Fiber and healthy fats in dark chocolate can make one feel full and less likely to have excesses of calories.
- Craving control: Dark chocolate has a rich, dark flavor that is able to satiate that craving for something sweet so that you do not go for those unhealthy snacks.
- Metabolism boost: A dark chocolate can promote metabolism that increases the rate at which calorie burn.
- Stress reduction: These high stress levels can easily result into a case of overeating or unwise dieting. It has been found that there is a reduction in the levels of the hormones associated with stress when there is the intake of dark chocolate and that this also supports the attempts of weight management. One should also remember that consuming vegan chocolate in moderation can aid in weight loss. Eat chocolate with cocoa 70%.
Health Benefits of Vegan Chocolate can thus be snack which can make your mood high but guilt free. Vegan chocolate studies show that there is release of endorphins (feel-good hormones) when consumed. Such hormones may make one feel joyful, or experience reduction of stress. Furthermore, vegan chocolates also have essential flavonoids (compounds) that are beneficial to brain functions.
Here are some ways vegan chocolate can help improve your mood:
- Releases Feel-Good Hormones: When consuming vegan chocolate it releases endorphins and this brings the sensation of pleasure and wellness.
- Reduces Stress: Vegetarian chocolates contain flavonoids which help soothe the mind and promote relaxation, thereby reducing the stress.
- Boosts Serotonin Levels: Tryptophan is an amino acid found in vegan chocolate, which is converted into serotonin by the body. Its functions include regulating serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that helps put people in a good mood.
- Provides an Energy Boost: Small levels of caffeine in vegan chocolate can also offer energy and support mental sharpness. Nevertheless, one must watch its intake as excessive caffeine may have some adverse health effects. Ensure moderation with vegan chocolates – mood improving effects. Ensure that you include it in a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle in order to gain maximum benefits.
Adding vegan chocolate to your diet
If you fancy vegan chocolate diet in future, you will appreciate the following options that are tasty as well as healthy. Here are some tips to help you enjoy the health benefits of vegan chocolate:
- Choose Dark Chocolate: Whenever choosing vegan chocolate, go for dark chocolate with high cocoa content levels. The most common type of dark chocolate often comes with smaller amounts of sugar and more antioxidants that may improve one’s health.
- Add Chocolate to Your Recipes: Add some vegan chocolate to your favorite recipes, get creative in the kitchen. Chocolate chips can top the oatmeal and chia seed puddings or be blended into smoothies, melted to be drizzled over fresh fruit, or even combined with peanut butter.
- Enjoy Chocolate as a Treat: The use of vegan chocolate in your everyday life is an excellent alternative instead of eating something that is unhealthy, but in any case, you must eat everything in small quantities. Give yourself a little treat of chocolate after you have eaten a meal or in the course of the day.
Choose Dark Chocolate
The best type of vegan chocolate would be dark chocolate. It satisfies your sweet tooth, and at the same time, provides many health advantages. Here’s why you should choose dark chocolate:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Dark chocolate has higher antioxidants than milk chocolate and can therefore help neutralize the damaging free radicals in the body.
- Heart-Healthy: This has been attributed to eating dark chocolate in moderation where it has been observed to lower the risk of cardiovascular problem. Flavonoids in dark chocolate can improve blood circulation, lower blood pressure, as well as reduce the chances of forming blood clots.
- Mood Booster: Dark chocolate has the capacity of boosting the production of endorphin that are known as the brain’s “feel-good” chemicals. It also features traces of phenylethylamine, a compound that enhances mood and instills feelings of happiness.
- Essential Minerals: Important minerals are found in dark chocolate. Iron, magnesium, copper, and manganese are key to multiple body functions.
- Curb Cravings: Dark chocolates have a deep and satisfying flavor so that you won’t need to go for unhealthy options. Dark chocolate can be taken in bits and it is sufficient enough to reduce the urges to eat candy. Choose dark chocolates with a minimum of 70 percent cocoa levels. Watch your added sugar intakes and choose organic/fair trade certified options when you can.
Shopping for High-Quality Vegan Chocolate in Los Angeles
Some of the considerations to take into account when looking for high-quality vegan chocolate include: You will be able to see what’s going into your body and where it comes from.
- Ingredients to Look for: Ensure that you read the label keenly when choosing vegan chocolate. Go for products that use quality ingredients, such as premium cacao powder and natural cane sugar. However, opt for chocolates which do not have artificial flavorings, additives and/or preservatives.
- Certified Organic Chocolate: Organic cacao beans are obtained without pesticides, synthetic fertilizers and other artificial agents; this is why it’s important to choose organic chocolate. People concerned about health therefore favor organic farming because practicing the same promotes sustainability and environment conservation.
- Fair-Trade Certified Chocolate: Choose ethical chocolate which is fair trade certified so that it can enable the employees who worked in the factory to be paid fairly while ensuring their safety. The certification also attests that farmers do not exploit their workers or degrade the environment. Your contribution in buying fair-trade chocolate is supporting an equal trade system in the supply chain.
Ingredients to Look for
Paying much attention to the ingredients is good when choosing quality vegan chocolate. Here are some key ingredients to look for when selecting vegan chocolate:
- Cacao: Choose premium cacao bean based vegan chocolate. Cacao is the richest source of antioxidants and flavonoids that are known to be beneficial for health.
- Coconut Sugar: With regard to the sweetener, many vegan brands use coconut sugar that’s considered organic. Compared with refined sugar, coconut sugar has a low glycemic index, and it preserves some of its original nutrients.
- Plant-based Milk: Most vegan chocolate recipes use non-diary milk like almond milk or coconut milk. Apart from making it a vegan alternative, these options provide a healthy option for consumption.
- Natural Flavors: When shopping for a vegan chocolate, always opt for ones which contain natural flavours extracted from fruits, nuts and spices instead of artificial additives. They do not compromise on health neither on quality to taste better as these are natural flavours.
- No Hydrogenated Oils: Stay away from vegan chocolates made with hydrogenated oils, which have been found to be associated with numerous chronic diseases. Choosing brands that employ plant based oils like coconut oil and cocoa butter would be ideal. Certified Organic Chocolate
The organic varieties of vegan chocolates make good choices. Chocolate that has been certified as organic is derived from beans, which are not exposed to synthetic chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides; neither GMOs. This ensures that it is healthy for consumption, having undergone natural and ethical farming process. Manufacturers of certified organic chocolate are required by law to abide by stringent regulations. The use of natural fertilizers, pesticides, and conservation of biodiversity in the cacoa growing areas is required by these standards. Chocolate certified as organic means that they only come from environmentally conscious growing farmsteads that look after the welfare of their workers. Certified organic chocolate is also healthier option for consumers and good for environment. Avoiding synthetic chemicals in your diet will help you gain the most from chocolate’s original compounds. Antioxidants, Vitamin, Minerals, flavonoid found in organic chocolate and their health benefit.
Summary VEGAN CHOCOLATE is probably the easiest and most important way to better health!
Apart from enjoying flavored vegan chocolate, you get your body multiple health advantages which might be totally unexpected and unknown. Some of the health benefits of vegan chocolate include: reduces heart diseases, better memory, loss of weight, lessening inflammations, improvement in bowels movement, and cancer risk reduction. To take advantage of the many health gains from a vegan chocolate one should eat small quantities of it and alternate it with another kind of chocolate.